Translation jobs are assigned periodically for all translators and you can find them in the “Translation interface” list at the left side of the screen.
Each translation job consist in the main article and the attached images. At this moment there is no way to distinguish between the main article and the images in the Translation interface list; you will see the differences after entering in the Translation screen as the images have only Alternate text and Title to translate and the main article is a little more complex.
However distinguishing between those two is not necessary as all post components have to be translated to complete the translation job.
Until this issue gets resolved you will have only 1 translation job available at a time in Translation Interface. You will also get an email as a new translation job become available.
For translating a post follow the steps below:
1. Click on the “Translation interface” menu on the left side of your screen:
2. Click on “Edit” button for the element you wish to translate:
3. Observe the original content (in yellow here) and write the corresponding translation in the “Translated content” field (in red); at the end check the “This translation is finished” checkmark:
4. Scroll down to the “Body” section, observe the original content and write the translation in the “Translated content” field; then ckeck the “This translation is finished” ckeckmark:
5. Scroll down to “Yoast_wpseo” fields and translate their content, checking “This translation is finished” boxes:
6. Scroll down more and translate “Tags” and “Categories” as well:
7. At the very finish check the “Translation of this document is complete” and click “Save translation” button:
8. Check the confirmation message in the upper area of the screen:
These were the steps for translating the main article; now following the steps for translating the media:
9. Click on the “Edit” button:
10. In the “Title” section observe the “Original content” and write your translation in the “Translated content” field; then check “This translation is finished” box:
11. Scroll down to “Image alt” section and translate this content:
12. Check the “Translation of this document is complete” box…
13. …and click the “Save translation” button:
14. Observe the confirmation message:
Proceed to the rest of the remaining items in the “Translation interface” list until you get the status “Complete” for all of them. At that point an email will be sent automatically to our editors and the translation will get checked and published, or we will contact you for further corrections.
If you need assistance please feel free to contact us!